For Gospel Doctrine Teachers
Please feel free to use and share these handouts.
1. I have simply condensed the Church's lesson into a single page outline. I get the quotes from others, and they are usually found at the official website for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have simply arranged some of their material from the lesson manual onto a single page for the convenience of the teacher and the class members. So the Church usually owns the copyright for the material in the handouts. Sometimes I may include a story from my book or from another author, but I will always cite the source.
2. If you find them useful, you are more than welcome to photocopy pages 1 and 2 of the class handout and pass them out to class members.
3. The links in the digital PDF are live. When you click on them they will open the web page with the reference so that class members can read the original talk. This is one reason why some members like to get the digital PDFs.
4. You are welcome to download the PDF handout to a file on your hard drive so you can attach it in an email and send it to class members or friends, etc.
5. You can use either page 1 or page 2 as a handout.
6. I photocopy pages 1 and 2 on a single sheet of paper. That works really well to help class members see the entire lesson with its supporting concepts. It also helps teachers and class members easily see where the quotes are to be read.
7. If members choose to keep the handout, it will help them remember the lesson and the quotes.
8. Some members have used parts of the lesson and quotes for family home evening lessons
9. Each of the quotes is linked to the lesson by means of a "numbered dagger or key symbol" in the lesson outline, which tells you when it might be most appropriate to read the quote in class. Nevertheless, feel free to use the quotes during the lesson whenever and wherever you feel inspired. I do.